Thursday 9 January 2014

Stop Smoking - The Start

Book cover: Allen Carrs Easy Way To Stop Smoking

Well, one week of being a non-smoker has passed! Yay!

I've found it mostly quite easy. On 1st Jan I read Allen Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking. I have found this an excellent book. You don't stop smoking until the end of the book.
He teaches you how to deal with cravings and temptations. He doesn't go on about the damage smoking does to your health. If that would stop us, we all would never have started!



By the time I got to the part of the book where you have your last cigarette, I didn't actually want to smoke it. But I did because it's part of the process. I found stopping a pleasant and easy process, unlike the torture others go through.

On the 6th, I had a dentist appointment where I was able to say I am now a non-smoker! It's such a good feeling to know I no longer smoke! Sorry if I seem in-your-face happy about this but that's what I am!

Also, I'm rehearsing for a local pantomime at the moment. About a third of the people who participate, smoke. I was seeing this as a potential stumbling block for me. However, it has also been very easy. When I see any of them smoking, my brain just automatically says "You don't need to do that any more. Yay for you!" That's what the book does for you, it takes the pain of quitting and turns it on its head.

See you next week!

Joel

---

01 - January Challenge - Stop Smoking
02 - Stop Smoking - The Start
03 - Stop Smoking - Panic at the Bus Stop 
04 - Stop Smoking - It's behind you! 
05 - Stop Smoking - Post-match Analysis

No comments:

Post a Comment