Thursday 2 January 2014

January Challenge - Stop Smoking

Image: NHS - Think with your penis? Your penis thinks you should stop smoking.
This is something I've done before in the past with limited success. I want to stop smoking for several reasons:

  • I want to improve my health and take better care of myself
  • It is just a waste of money
  • I feel self-conscious about how I smell
  • I feel awkward smoking around others
I started smoking when I was 18. My then girlfriend and her mother smoked so I started to as well. At first it was just the occasional few cigarettes but, over time, it built up. My first major attempt to stop smoking was in 2010. I read the book Allen Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking. I found this way easy to stop. It worked for almost a year until my grandmother had a stroke. This was my excuse to start again.
Stopping smoking will help to improve my physical health, which will impact on my self-confidence. I will be using the same book as my previous success, Allen Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking.

This will also set the foundation for the rest of my challenges. Because I've done it before, I know I can do it again.

Wish me luck

Joel

---

01 - January Challenge - Stop Smoking
02 - Stop Smoking - The Start
03 - Stop Smoking - Panic at the Bus Stop 
04 - Stop Smoking - It's behind you! 
05 - Stop Smoking - Post-match Analysis

No comments:

Post a Comment